It is quite hard to find a vegan waffle recipe that will make you want to eat waffles over and over. Anyway, vegan waffles are a tasty way to start your day or end your meal. Mostly, they can be served with maple syrup, honey or cherry sauce. They can also be frozen and reheated in the oven, toaster, or a microwave. This recipe is quick and easy to make and since it is made with whole grain flour and no sugar, it is more healthy. It is particularly helpful breakfast meal for people in a weight loss program.
Serves 3 to 5 people.
- 1 and a half fresh cherries.
- Pinch of salt.
- 1/3 cup maple syrup.
- 2 tablespoon arrowroot powder.
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice.
- 1 cup all purpose flour.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour.
- 2 cups soy milk.
- 1 cup apple sauce.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- 4 teaspoons baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
1. Pitt and chop the cherries roughly.
2. In a medium size saucepan, whisk the orange juice and the quarter cup of arrowroot powder together, until they are blend well.
3. Put the saucepan over a medium heat, and then add the chopped cherries, maple syrup and salt. Let the mixture come to boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer for a few minutes and then remove from the heat.
4. Let the mixture cool, and keep it away from water.
1. In one bowl mix together the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Mix them well until they blend together nicely, until the salt and baking powder are evenly mixed in the mixture.
2. In another bowl mix together the coconut oil cinnamon, apple sause, and the soy milk. blend them well and let the mixture sit for about 5 to 10 minutes until it curdles.
3. Pour the mixture of the liquid ingredients onto the bowl that has dry ingredients.
4. Whisk thoroughly until when the mixture just blends together.
5. Preheat a waffle iron.
6. Put about a quarter cup of the mixture onto the preheated waffles iron.
7. Close the iron and wait until the light goes out.
8. Repeat the procedure until the mixture is finished.
In a clean tray place the waffles in rows and top each with the cherry sauce. You can also dot the sides of the tray with the sauce that remains for decoration purpose. Serve immediately or let the vegan waffles cool down and then store them in a tight lidded container and freeze them for later consumption.
Add some straw berries and chocolate chips on top of your vegan waffles for extra delicious flavor. You can also try to use crushed ripe bananas instead of cherries, when preparing waffles and compare both tastes. Enjoy your vegan waffles.
This article hasn't been commented yet.