The chocoholic in your life will love you eternally when you place this fantastic dessert before them. This chocolaty dessert is bound to satisfy the most serious of chocolate cravings in just one sitting.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 large egg white, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup mini-chocolate chips
- Optional toppings: ice cream, whipped cream, non-dairy whipped topping, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, maraschino cherries
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
2. Separate the eggs and put the egg whites in a large bowl.
3. In a separate measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, vanilla and 1 cup melted butter.
4. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir by hand or with an electric mixer until batter is formed. Do not over-mix the batter.
5. Whip the egg whites with an electric mixer until they just begin to hold a loose peak.
6. Scatter the sugar over the whites and continue beating until they hold a soft peak.
7. Fold the egg whites into the batter
8. Gently add the chocolate chips.
9. Cook until crisp and the waffle iron stops steaming – about 5 minutes.
10. Add your favorite toppings and dig in!
This delicious chocolate chip waffles recipe serves 6.
If you want to make more chocolaty things check out these recipes for chocolate chip cookies.
I heated more chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds to make chocolate sauce.
I made these with whole wheat pastry flour and they were absolutely the best waffle ever.
Everyone loved them and we DID NOT use any toppings they were that delicious
I made these waffles for breakfast this morning. Delicious! I wrote about it on my blog:
i thoght these were the best waffles i have ever tasted they are awsome ;D