These are special treat! You can try and substitute canned sweet potato puree with pumpkin puree or canned yam puree for tasty variations of this sweet potato pecan waffles recipe. Top with warmed pecan syrup or our favorite, vanilla yogurt.
1 cup canned sweet potato puree
3 egg yolks
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
3 egg whites
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Use a big bowl and throw in all the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and nutmeg.
2. Take your 1/4 cup of pecans and stir them into the flour so that all ingredients are evenly mixed.
3. Now take a smaller bowl and mix in sweet potato puree, egg yolks, and milk. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
4. Pour the content of the smaller bowl into the flour, and mix well.
5. Take the egg whites and beat them until stiff peaks form. Take only 1/4 of these egg whites and fold them into your waffle batter.
6. Lightly fold remaining egg whites and melted butter together then fold them into the batter. Now your waffle batter is ready.
7. Use a hot waffle iron and bake your waffles.
8. When they are done garnish them with the remaining pecans, butter and syrup.
This sweet potato pecan waffles recipe will serve 6 people.
You can also use mashed sweet potatoes or if you like things that are made out of sweet potatoes then also try sweet potato pie recipes.
NOTE: This waffle recipe was submitted by one of our visitors. Thanks!
I just love waffles! Gee, I think i'll use this recipe! It's so much fun to cook! I mean isn't cooking all about making people happy?! It makes me soo glad to see someone appreciate my cookin'!! (A.K.A )
I cook all the time!! Even washing up after it isn't as bad because you are looking forward to tasting your homemade creations of tastebud treats! Wow sound kinda like Nina and the Neurons! My Grandaughter used to watch that all the time.. Now I supposed she is getting to old for that sort of thing! Still.. anyway! I shall try this lovely reipe of your! I've always had a secret craving about waffles!! Aren't they delicious?! With their golden brown colour and sweet honey, sunny taste and their Nose loving smell!! Oh, look at me I'm rambling again! Excuse me for that! Anyway, I will make this lovely recipe you have posted and update you on the details!
This waffle recipe is not good. it is all chunky and horrible. plus they need more ingredients in the waffles. they are all dry and yuck. hopefully when you try these they aren't that way but personally me and my friend don't like this website or the sweet potato pecan waffles.
OMG am making waffles for the first time in a penguin shaped waffle maker!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh how exciting :)