Pecan waffle recipe
This crunchy nutty alternative may be prepared as a traditional waffle or as a Belgian waffle
(also see deluxe Belgian waffles
). Either way, it is a family favorite – especially for those members of the family who like a crunchy delight with every bite. Besides, serving waffles with pecans added gives them an extra nutritional boost. Like all nuts, pecans are rich in B vitamins, magnesium, and Vitamin E, and are high in omega 3 fatty acids – the good fats that can lower bad cholesterol.
Pecan Waffle Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup pecans sliced longways
1. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, white sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Stir in chopped pecans and set aside.
3. Whisk the eggs, vanilla extract, milk and melted butter together in a separate bowl.
4. Add liquid ingredients to the flour mixture and stir by hand or with an electric mixer until the batter is slightly lumpy.
5. Bake the waffles in a preheated iron for about 2 minutes or until steam stops coming out of the seam.
6. Top with butter, sliced pecans and syrup to taste.
This pecan waffle recipe will serve 6 people.
NOTE: This pecan waffle recipe was submitted by one of our visitors. Thanks!
Rate This Recipe!